5 Tips To Write A Thank You Note After A Job Interview
Very fewer people write a thank you note after a job interview and it depends because every hiring manager is different but, I think it can be deciding factor between two candidates.
You should always make a special note to send one, whether it is a handwritten note or an email version but you should write. Now, the question is that:
- How should you write it?
- What should you say?
Here are few suggestions to write a thank you note after a job interview:
1. Pick Up Business Cards You should always pick up the business cards for each person that you meet with at your interview. It is crucial that you send a thank you meet with and spell each name correctly.
2. Send Thankyou Note within 24 hours of your interview. It'll be great if you can drop it in the email.
3. Take a look at your post-interviews notes and address a few specific points.
- For Example: If the interviewer mentioned in your interview for a teaching position that you will be creating timetable or designing a course, mention your achievements in that task at your last position.
4. Restate your contact information.
5. Don't be nervous about writing your thank you note. Just write it, make your points, have someone review it and send it.
I can't state enough how important it is to send a thank you note and according to a survey, 22% of hiring managers are less likely to hire someone if they neglect to send a thank you note. So make sure you send that note!